Brown bag lunch idea?

My son is going on a field trip tomorrow that I will also be attending. His school is nut free and there are no known allergies but I want to be safe. What else can I pack in a brown bag beside a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Thanks.

Christine0813

Asked by Christine0813 at 7:30 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• You can substitute sunflower seed butter or soynut butter for peanut.

I have a huge list of bagged lunch ideas that I have collected over the years; send me a message offlist if you would like a copy.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• gets some hummus, and add veggies. Or times like this I roll turkey or ham slices and cheese together no bread. An ice pack will work to keep them cold.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:26 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I'm drawing a blank all I can think of is luchables. My son is beyond picky and all he will eat is those things but they are handy.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• You could put together your own lunchable, I mean what kid really wants to sit down and finish a sandwhich, side and drink? Pack some grapes(a mix), carrots & celery then some cheese and crackers, but mix it up with different meats and cheeses and crackers. Another idea is a tortilla wrap, those are easy and quick. Good luck, hope the field trip is a blast!
    KrhMsh

Answer by KrhMsh at 4:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• things that they can eat without a mess are always good idea when going on trips!

make sure sandwiches are those whose fillings dont fall out - and cut them into long fingers rather than halves

boxes of raisins

cheestrings are ideal - no mess plus 1/3 of a pint of MILK in each one!
    bubble098

Answer by bubble098 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2009