Is this bad what to do?

my 18month old watches me nurse my new baby and he wants to nurse.. I never nursed him cause i couldnt what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you can let him try... warning he might bite cause he doesnt know what to do... but with my DS we had the same thing and sometimes still do DS is 20mos and DD is 4 mos... most likely he will just kiss your boobie or poke it... DS was breast fed so he still kinda knows what is going on... you could also get him a baby doll that he can play with when you are nursing.... and he might even start to sit with you when you nurse and he will "nurse" his baby... DS's baby is the only way we get him to take a nap...
    mamachef694

Answer by mamachef694 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I would let him try...it seems that he is curious and maybe a little jealous of the attention the new baby is getting. He will probably loose his interest in if afterwards.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:05 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• snuggle with him while feeding tell him this is how baby eats & he is a big boy. put some milk on your finger & let him taste it.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:37 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• aw i think that's cute! he just wants to with his mommy too, he might feel like he's the apple who fell off the cart...that sounds weird now that i wrote it but u know what i mean..the above suggestions sound good to me-
    Ms.JiggityJones

Answer by Ms.JiggityJones at 12:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2009