my son goes for his 18month old check up today what are they going to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How did a simple question turn into a vaccination debate?

They usually check for height/weight as usual, ask about eating habits, check for vision and hearing impairments, talk to you about behavior and give DTap and polio boosters if you vaccinate.

Look, as if parenting isn't hard enough..... I'm pretty sure you don't want her unsolicited advice on how to raise your kids.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 4:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• He will get his final round of shots (until pre-k or kinder, yay!) weight, length, the normal.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:38 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• thats a lie.... THEY GET a TWO yr OLD SHOT TOO..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Anon :06 Mine did not. She got all of the shots at the 18 month. Not every doc is on the same schedule. SO DON'T YELL AT ME!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:22 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• according to my schedule that my doctor does (well not for my kid-I am a non-vaccinating Mom) they give the DTaP and the Hep A vaccine. Right now they might also want to give the flu vaccine. That is a total of 5 vaccines on ONE day even thought it is only 3 shots. they will also weigh them and measure them and probably do the same types of things they did early like check their hearing and head circumference. My ped. also made sure both legs were the same in height (one leg was not longer than teh other).

Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 11:49 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• cont...
    >If you want to ask my questions about why I am not vaccinating my DS who is 20 months you can email me. I can also give you your state laws for exemptions.

If you get the vaccines anyway I would HIGHLY suggest reading all the manufactures inserts before just blindly injecting them into your child. By law your ped. should also tell you the risks of all vaccines but most don't.... GL

Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 21, 2009