Is this gross to you???

Okay my hubby uses skoal. I hate his little habit but usually don't say anything unless the kids gripe on his health. I have mentioned to him that I don't want him to end up with throat cancer but I don't nag. Anyway once and a while he dips in the shower and spits it on the shower floor. When I get in the shower I usually end up stepping in it. It is so gross to me. I have told him before I cannot stand it. This morning he did it again. I just don't understand why I have to put up with this GROSS stuff in my shower. I really want to tell him next time to to use the guest bedroom shower but then I will know it will end up gross too. I really flipped out this morning because I am not a morning person anyway. How would you handle this or am I make it too big of a deal?

oliviahank

Asked by oliviahank at 8:21 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• You are not making a big deal out of that. It is disgusting. He is a grown man. She should know better than to spit in the shower at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• yup thats nasty.. i would tell him to grow up and wash it out.. but its nasty to do in the shower anyway.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:31 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• He is disrespectful!!! And just downright lazy! I would clean it up with his favorite shirt or place it in his chair.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:34 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Oh that would gross me out too. Next time you see it take him back in the bathroom and say 'see that mess- it is your chew YOU clean it up!" Maybe keep disposable cups near the shower and say "here are your spit cups, use this when you have to spit do NOT spit in my shower"
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:35 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I say take some of his skoal and chew it. Then spit it on his pillow. If he says something, just say tell him you thought it was okay since he spits in the shower. If he doesn't say anything well he is just a nasty pig.
    Doodlesrevenge

Answer by Doodlesrevenge at 8:39 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Disrespectful and rude. You have every right to make a big deal out of it.
    janaeva

Answer by janaeva at 9:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Yeah, that's nasty. DH use to dip and I nagged on him all the time for leaving his dip cups and bottles just laying around. When he didn't dip, he would smoke cigarettes at night, then come hop in the bed smelling like an ashtray and that pissed me off even more. One new years eve he left his dip cup on the back of our guest bathroom toilet and my 3 yo niece went in there and drank it. We called poison control and were able to resolve it without a trip to the ER, but after that I forbid that crap from being in my house and told him if he had a problem with it then sleep in the freaking garage. It must stop when his habit and stupidity harms others, especially kids.

I'd stick some skoal in his socks just so he knows what it feels like in between his toes!
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 9:20 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• That's gross and disrespectful! I know this sounds gross, too, and I'm not saying you should actually DO it - but maybe you could try putting it to him like this -

How would he like it if, say, you were on your period and while you were in the shower you just took out a used tampon and tossed it on the floor and put a fresh one in when you got out? Would that be something HE would want to find and step on and have to clean up in the shower?? Of course not - because that would be nasty gross and disrespectful!

What he's doing is just as bad!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:34 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• That's pretty disgusting AND disrespectful because YOU are the one that has to clean it up....ugh!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:00 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Your husband is nasty. He needs to grow up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Sep. 21, 2009