would it matter to you moms if a mothers hubby was in jail ???

goatmom4

Asked by goatmom4 at 8:35 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Nope because it's not my life and there could be any number of reasons why he is there that aren't necessarily bad.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:36 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It would depend on why and whether or not she had knowledge of his illegal activities before he got caught (ie was there a meth lab in their kitchen?). It would definitely give me pause before I would let my kids go over and play until I got to know the mom. But I wouldn't avoid getting to know her or spending time with her.

Answer by missanc at 8:43 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• it depends on the reason. and u know if the kid is old enough then they will tell ur kid which will tell u lol.. so it really does matter the reason
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I need more information.
    Doodlesrevenge

Answer by Doodlesrevenge at 8:56 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't hold it against her as far as talking to her or whatever, but as far as letting my kids go over to their house, etc, I agree, it would depend on why he was incarcerated (like, are we talking he's in jail because of a bench warrant because he didn't pay his traffic tickets, or is he in prison because he was selling drugs out of their house?)

It would also depend on her attitude towards it, and if she was involved in the activities or not.

I know some people who have been in prison, know what they did was wrong, and their wife knew what they did was wrong. She stood by him during it, but was adamant that he get help while in, and use his time locked up to deal with things. I would trust her with my kids (in fact, she's now a principal at a private school, and yes, they know his history). There are others that I wouldn't.

It's not cut and dried.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:25 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• cont -

I do have to say though, if she wasn't in on his activities and was unaware of it, or if it was a one time thing he did that was a crime then I would have a lot of sympathy for her. If she did know about it and didn't have a problem with whatever activities contributed to his being locked up, then I would still feel for her, but probably not quite as much sympathy as if she was unaware.

I would really feel sympathy for the child, no matter what.

Now, the exception to this is women - especially moms - who are married to pedophiles or rapists and who, for some incomprehensible reason stay with them. I have NO sympathy for them!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:30 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• If it doesn't affect me then it doesn't bother me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Depends on the crime and if he did it. I lost my best friend of 30 years recently. Her husband of 3 years was arrested, tried and convicted of molesting my neice. My friend babysat my sisters daughter. This friends husband worked out of the home and sometimes helped her out. My niece was only 3 and one day told her mom that this man put his thing between his legs near her bejoy (her word for vagina). Her mom checked her out and she was very red. Took her to the doctor immediately and they confirmed she had been penetrated with something. He had masterbated on her and left semen behind and that is how he was convicted. My friend would not believe this animal would do this. This was his 3rd conviction she knew about the first two and hid that from us all. I could not be friends with someone that knowingly brings a pedophile around her own kids and her friends kids. My sister sued her since she had knowledge.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• That would depend on why he's in there.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It depends. My husband spent half of his life (LITERALLY) in and out of jail and prison. He was hooked on cocaine and the charges he received constantly were over his addiction and the things he did to support it. I say, crap happens. I've been to jail so who the hell am I to judge someone else because their husband is in jail.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 21, 2009