What time does your three year old go to bed and does he/she still nap? When and how long?

I have a daughter, turned 3 in August. If she naps at all, she is awake (in her room in her bed) quite late. If she doesn't nap, she goes to bed easily and sleeps well, but the evening is usually a little cranky. Her bedtime is 8 or 8:30. I can't find the right schedule. Wondering what other kids this age are doing?

Hazelnutkin

Asked by Hazelnutkin at 8:49 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter will be 3 next month she wakes up between 7:30 and 8 and usually she is playing too hard to even think about a nap i will put her in bed around 1 or 2 to see if she will after about 30 mins if she isnt asleep i let her get up but she is also very cranky in the evening and usually falls asleep in the floor around 7 30 and i go put her in bed i still dont have a routine.
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 8:56 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My son will take a nap if he is tired during the day, but i don't make him. He just falls asleep on the couch while I clean. i usually put him to bed at about 9 pm and read a few books to him. He usually falls asleep shortly after that.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 11:08 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My 2 and 3 year old have a routine. They wake up at 8am have breakfast, play,do craft and by 12:30pm I put them down for a 1 hour nap. I've been doing this with them for about a year. I usually have to lay down with my DD, but only till she falls asleep I don't mind it though : ) I think at that age they still need to nap..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• DD turned 3 in May. She goes to bed at 8pm... on a day she refuses a nap it may be closer to 7pm depending on how she is handling not having the nap.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 12:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My 3 year old goes to bed at 8 if no nap, 8:30 if he naps. He usually doesn't unless he's sick though. He gets up between 6-7am.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My son wakes at 7:30 then naps at one o'clock for two hours and goes to bed by 9:30ish. My husband works late so we have a late household. But we homeschool, so need to rush out the door in the morn.
    momofcali3

Answer by momofcali3 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• HA,.....My DD wakes up about 8 sometimes maybe 9...She will play and play, I do make her lay down around 1 or 2 maybe 3 sometimes..But she will lay there for about 15 minutes sometimes and fall asleep and take a 2 hour nap..SOmetimes she wont and I will just let her get back up and Play until about 8:30 or 9 and Let her go to bed..I really dont have a Routine but I think maybe we should just alittle bit but at the same time..she will be in school next year and I will have to have her on a Rountine!!! So I think I might wait until then..LOL!
    bonham

Answer by bonham at 3:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My son, 3 in october, gets up around 8:30. Plays hard all day. Ill try to get him to nap around 2-3, which recently hasnt been working at all. If he naps he'll be down for about 2 hours. But if he doesnt nap I leave him in his room for atleast 30 mins. And when he gets up from the 30 mins he is in a better mood just from the down time. His bedtime is 9-10. Which is a fight at first, but then he realizes he is tired and will go to sleep. Last month he was sleeping in until 10! And sometimes he"ll take no naps for weeks. It really changes every week.
    brikay1

Answer by brikay1 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Yes, my son still naps, He goes to sleep at 8-8:30 and sleeps until 6:30-7, naps around 1 for somewhere between 1:45 to 3 hrs.
    Miracle_pg

Answer by Miracle_pg at 11:50 AM on Sep. 24, 2009