what is the fastest way to get rid of cradle cap, and dry patches

my 3 month daughter has real bad dry patches all over her body what can i do to clear them up. she also has cradle cap, i want to know the quickest way to get rid of it cause im already using the cradle cap shampoo

mommylovesher

Asked by mommylovesher at 9:08 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• baby oil.... u can peal it off and then wash her head..i know it may sound nasty but it works
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• We still had cradle cap until about 10 months...it would go away for a couple of weeks then come back. Never used the shampoo, just baby oil
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:17 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• When you wash her hair, use a baby brush and gently brush in circular motions with shampoo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I would also say that if it's on her body, she probably has eczema as well.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:18 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I agree with both of these answers, my daughter had it when she was a baby and used both methods.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 9:42 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Head and shoulders... just be really careful... after one treatment half of the cradle cap was gone... there is also the miracle product called Rump Rub made by a company called lil'outlaws it is THE BEST rash cream on the market... it's at liloutlaws.net this stuff takes care of EVERYTHING!!!! seriously go read some of the reviews.... it takes care of diaper rash heat rash cradle cap and any other dry skin....
    mamachef694

Answer by mamachef694 at 10:45 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I used vaseline and only had to do it once. plus it wasn't as oily as baby oil which I was afraid would run into his eyes - i basically just rubbed vaseline all over his head and combed it out -it took a couple times of washing to get the vaseline out but I let that happen over the next week - I didn't try too hard to get the vaseline off to put moisture on his head,. i agree with above poster, my sons' cradle cap came back after he was 1 years old and I still use head and shoulders on him when it comes back
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• california baby's calendula lotion will take care of both, also if your bathing your baby every day, cut back, especially in dry climates
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• use baby oil when u give baby bath then use baby brush. And sounds like enzema on body.
    Kat517

Answer by Kat517 at 12:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2009