what are your feelings on a lady implanted with the wrong embryo /

just want to know how other ladies feel about this

misslj

Asked by misslj at 9:28 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I saw this on the news this morning and started crying lol. My hormones are out of whack...but I mean that is horrible! Isn't that malpractice because she is holding someone else's baby? Are they going to keep the baby or give it to the peoples who's egg and sperm it really is? What about the people who's egg and sperm it was in the first place? Do they have kids? Do they know??? So many questions run through my head when I think of this. I am happy for the baby's sake that it has a chance at life, but I wonder what everyone is going to do
    TigerBaby69

Answer by TigerBaby69 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• im with tigerbaby
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:48 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I just watched the video interview from the Today show and yes, they do have to give the baby to the biological parents shortly after birth. They were made aware of that at the same time they were told of the mistake. The woman carrying the baby can not be pregnant again after this, so they are being forced to use surrogate to hopefully have a child from the five they have left frozen. I can not imagine being in this situation....I have a feeling the office that made this mistake will be paying a large settlement when this is all said and done!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:10 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Wow... this is big. I hope that they aren't having to pay medical costs associated with a baby they aren't going to be allowed to keep.

I'm completely against abortion myself, but I have to wonder... does she have the right to choose abortion if it's what she wants but it's not her child? I know she's carrying the baby, but could she make that choice?
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 11:30 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Yes, the doctor offered her to terminate, the couple refused.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:58 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• what i could understand the couple met with the ones the baby actually belongs to.can you imagine emotional thing thses couples will be going thru.and to top it off she has to have a c_section.when it hit me she would have to give up the baby i just cried. you can bet whatever facility is involved will be making settlements as quickly as possible if it comes down to it and im sure it will,too much involved.i cant imagine what the person is feeling that actually did the procedure.even when blood is to be given it has to be checked several times before its actually given,i dont know how many hands the embroys have to go thru before it gets to its destination so im sure several people will be involved.i feel for the first one in line.ive been in the medical for a long time so i have a little insight to this sort of thing,so you can feel sure everyone will be looking at each other.i think we just need to pray for these 2 couples
    misslj

Answer by misslj at 12:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• it took me a little before i realized she would have to give up the baby,then i just cried and to top it off she hasto have a c section.you can bet whatever facility is involved will be trying to settle if it comes to that.i think these 2 couples lives will be connected from now onthis the first part of my answer,guess i wrote too much..
    misslj

Answer by misslj at 12:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2009