Quick question on ACORN

Just wanted to know if anyone on Cafemom has ever actually been helped by ACORN. I hear about all the good they do as well as the bad but have never actually heard from anyone they have helped.

baconbits

Asked by baconbits at 9:59 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow. No one on here can come forward and say how ACORN helped them? Just WOW.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I dont know who ACORN is. So no I havent been helped by them at least not to my knowledge.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:00 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I am suing them over my voter registration being tossed. They sent me a card that was identical to the voter cards my county sends out for registration. I had my reciept showing I had registered as well. The office was out of San Bernadino, California actually the one that is on one of the recent videos released. I never got to vote neither did many others. Why our story is not being told by the media is beyond me. I have written to Fox News and our local stations and turned over information that shows the legitimacy of my case. Does not matter Acorn so far has been coated in Teflon. I am glad they may finally be investigated. What they have put me through the past couple months since I filed my suit they need to be investigated. They called my family and friends and told them I was a prostitute and had been in jail recently. They are trying to ruin my name because I called them out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Is Heidi Fliess a CMer?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• no one I know
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Anon 8:30, I'm am so glad you are suing them. Whether the media tells the story or not, I hope you really stick it to them. I just heard this weekend that New York is cutting all funding to ACORN. Yea!!!
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 5:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• This is flat out sad that with all the moms out there that not even one person can say I know of someone they help.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 9:27 AM on Sep. 22, 2009