When traveling have you noticed the weird names of some of the towns?

I was napping on are long trip. My cell rang which was my parents i answered it and they asked where i was when my hubby said MIANUS. Well i wasn't thinking and told my parents going threw my mianus and my mother said if you are having soing sexual stuff i don't need to here that dirty talk. i finally had to take a pic for her to belive me there is a town called mianus

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Omg! That is hilarious!

I have seen "Oatmeal, TX" on a map.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:10 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I'm in PA and there is a Mars, Moon, Intercourse, Blue Ball, Squirrel Hill, Pancake (which is really more a village).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• PA has towns named Blue Balls, Intercourse and Bird In Hand.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:21 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• LMAO in Sd we have some towns named Gay-ville and hooker i think there is another one but i have to check.
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 10:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• No dirty ones, but Wyoming has Manville, and Ten Sleep
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:29 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• here in OK we have a Miami however its pronounced MY-AM-AH. theres also a lake called Eufalla...as in You Falla. theres even a Eufalla Inn haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:37 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• LOL AT EUFALLA INN HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Thanks for that it's tooooooo funny.
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I always think it is funny when I drive through Bugtussell, AL and in MO is there is a town called Number Nine. I always wondered what happened to the first 8 cities.
    SnuggyBaby

Answer by SnuggyBaby at 10:51 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I love looking at names as we travel. Here in MO we have some funny ones-including Peculiar and Tightwad. It always makes me wonder why the names were used.
    karmalove

Answer by karmalove at 10:54 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I live in NC and we have a few rare ones but the one that always makes me laugh is Lizard Lick.
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 10:59 AM on Sep. 21, 2009