Who knows you better?

Do you think your best friend or your husband knows you better? I ask because I have a friend and her husband insist on buying her jewlery for every special occasion. Sounds great for most women but she never wears any jewlery and never has. She goes way above and beyond dropping hints for him but he just does not get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My DH is my best friend. So I say both.

Answer by louise2 at 10:26 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My husband is also my best friend, so both for me, too. Has your friend just came right out and said, stop buying me jewelry, I don't wear it? That's what I would do after hints weren't working.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• No one knows me better than my dh.  He can read me like a book.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:29 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I feel for her because my husband just did the same and he has done it before in the past too. He KNOWS I hate fancy jewelry but I think that he figures it's the safer move to buy something expensive or showy than to buy flowers and something cheaper that she would enjoy more. I do think he knows me better than anyone in the world but I guess I would tell your friend to just confront him, even though it sounds rude! Does she really want to keep getting these meaningless gifts? She can do it without hurting him too bad, I know cuz I finally talked to mine and he gets it now! But tell her to remember that at least he did get her SOMETHING and he remembered all these events which is a GREAT thing for a man!!!
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 10:36 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Even wonderful men say and do dumb stuff. You know why they are with us? They really do like our help. Just tell him. Fortunately, most respond well to suggestions of saving money!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:57 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• OP here-
    She has told him numerous times. The thing is he either doesn't listen, doesn't know her or doesn't care to put forth any effort when gift giving. But the question was who do you think knows you better not can you give my friend advice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Men don't "get" a lot of things. Ugh!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:10 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• This one is a little difficult because I have to say both. My hubby knows me better now, but I've known my best friends longer, so they know more about my past. Although my hubby does know not to buy me jewelry, all I ever wear is my wedding ring and the necklace he gave me for our first anniversary.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 11:28 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My best friend knows me better. With dh, I just tell him exactly what to get. He listens most of the time.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• no one knew me better than my dh did.
    justjacki

Answer by justjacki at 2:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2009