What to do?

I was laid off in June and cant find a job. It seems that many with degrees are getting the jobs I would have gotten easily in the past. My DH suggested that I go back to school. I just don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Hmmm. What kind of schooling or certificate programs are getting jobs these days. Does anyone know?

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 10:53 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• i htink lots in the medical field, but not sure. maybe nurse, sonogram tech, dental hygenist, xray tech.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Anything that will allow you to go in to business for yourself is always a good thing. You could look in to careers such as Bridal Consulting, Massage Therapy, Nutrition Coach or other area that will give you the option to open your own place or even work for others... What do you like to do? Start there.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:55 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I honestly don't know. My Brother-in-law has a Bachelo's degree and he is very qualified and still hasn't been able to find a job. Times are tough for a lot of people right now. Have you ever thought about woring from home? I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 6 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 11:12 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Just a suggestion for you... have u thought about working at home? I started my own biz at home and absolutely love it! There are no parties, no stocking of inventory, no MLM. The company I work with just recently won an award with the BBB so it is no scam. If interested feel free to visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. I would love to answer any questions that you have! Thanks
    Rebeccca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 11:56 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Hello fellow Cafemom.

In case you're wanting to work at home and take control of your time...

Feel free to check out our successful Team at
    http://www.OnlineCeoMoms.com

I will be happy to get you complete details and
    answer all questions.

Best Wishes to you and your family!
    ~Chrissee
    Mom of 3
    ChristineMom23 on Cafemom
    ChristineMom23

Answer by ChristineMom23 at 12:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• No job is secure.

Think about this...There are thousands of companies trying to save money so they can do business by sending our jobs overseas.

Do you know how much money that is being taken out of our countries circulation?

If you are really wanting to do something that makes a difference for you and your family I would encourage you to look into Pre-Paid Legal Services Inc.

We are solid and our leaders want to really help.

Even the lawyers that work with us providing services do this to help.

To get a company overview click here.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 2:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• There is a world-wide shortage of watchmakers. Also, no one thinks the piccolo is 'cool' enough as an instrument, but every orchestra in the world needs one at least...

Better idea than talking about 'what kinds of certificates are getting jobs' (because usually by the time 'everyone knows' a whole raft of folks have already finished the training and there is a glut): do what you love.

When you do what you love to do, you bring enthusiasm and attention to detail that others (regardless of diplomas, degrees or friends in the biz) can't match or fake. It doesn't take long for te most lucrative job to feel like torture, when you don't like doing it, and it's a short step from that realization to knowing that you're selling 1/3 of your life for money. The difference between that and prostitution is hard to identify. There isn't enough money in the world to make you feel good about doing what you hate...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2009