how should I do this?

I need to get my fiance to a sleep specialist. I think he has apnea and he is a d1ck in the morning when it is time to get up. Should I just call a regular doctor for an apointment and they will refer him to a specialist? I don't think we can just go to the sleep doc. w/o a referral, ther insurance won't pay for it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• is he willing to go? You can't make a person go to the doc.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Truly!! I agree with Jademom07. If he doesn't want to go, how are you gong to make him? He may not be a morning person. I'm not. But after some java, I'm your friend again. lol

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Offer sex. Seriously tho, my first husband had apnea and it very much contributed to our divorce. Sleep problems lead to so many other issues. Tell him you love him and that he needs this. Offer to go with him. If he does in fact have it here are some improvements you both can look forward to when he gets treated:

1. you'll both lose weight without trying bc your sleep cycles will be regulated
    2. you'll have more sex, more fun, more happy times bc your sleep and hormones will be back to normal
    3. you'll argue less
    4. you'll both have more energy
    5. other health problems like sinus infections, acne, heart burn, Gi probelms will start to go away

seriously, if you have to serve him warm cookies and milk every night in a french maid outfit for a month, find a way to get him to the doctor. it's a serious illness and he wants to see your kids grow up.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:05 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• He agreed to go. He said if I find him a doctor and make the apointment he will go. I just don't know how to get it going. Do we go to a PCP first? or straight to the specialist?

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Yes, go through a primary care physician for a referral. My husband has the same problem. He went to the doc, who gave him a referral, and then he never went to the sleep specialist. I'm waiting for him to wake up dead on of these days from his apnea. I know he has it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Tell his regular doc first---but DO IT! Sleep apnea is life threatening!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Sep. 22, 2009