what's up with this?

Do you have your upper grade school and/or middle schoolers make their own lunches? My 11 yo dd takes her 2-3 x's a week but wants to pack the same thing. She has something against taking anything hot in a thermos. Anyone else have this problem and what do you do to remedy it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• As long as she's eating healthy, why worry about taking a thermos or not?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I don't think I have any remedy for you, but I don't think its odd for her to eat the same lunch all the time. My son takes the same lunch to school every day (pb & j sandwich, fruit, cheetos, granola bar, and cookie), the only thing that varies is the kind of fruit or cookie he has. It's what he likes. Strangely enough, my hubby takes the exact same lunch to work (pb & j and everything!). His reason for not eating something warm (like a thermos of soup), because it makes him feel heavy and lethargic in the afternoon. So I don't think that is strange at all for her to pack the same thing all the time. Does it really matter? She likes her lunch, why not leave it alone?
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 11:20 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• i think it is perfectly fine. my 7th grader packs her own lunch, when she chooses to take it, and almost always takes the same thing. i have asked her if she is sure if that is what she wants and she says yes. after all she is the one eating it and she is at the age to make a decision like that. so i let her. and i say let yours take what makes her happy, when she is ready for something different she will change it.
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 1:56 AM on Sep. 22, 2009