what is your opinion of people who get married knowing they will never want kids?

i think it just disturbs the natural process of things, i know of prob 3 couples who will never have kids its just weird to me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• There is no stipulation in marriage that says you have to have kids. Marriage is 2 people bonding together for the rest of their lives...with or without kids. How does that disrupt the order of things? If they were to NOT get married, they still wouldn't have kids so what's the difference?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:13 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Some people don't want kids; why shouldn't they get married?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:14 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I think it's wonderful. It takes more brains and guts to NOT want children than to have them. The world is over populated as it is
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• So you are saying, marriage is only for people who want children? If people can't or do not want kids, they shouldn't be able to marry? That's silly to me.

If two people get marriade and decide not to have children that is their decision. No one elses.

Answer by louise2 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Meant "married"

• Not every married couple has to have kids.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 11:23 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I can see what you mean about it maybe seeming a bit weird. My dad is an old fashion man so I was brought up in the "get married, have kids, stay at home with them, man rules all" way. I don't really have an opinion on someone getting married but not wanting kids though, it's not really any of my business. Now, lets say someone wants children extremely bad but marries someone who absolutely doesn't want kids, that I think is idiotic, lol.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 11:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I think it's much smarter to not have kids than to have them out of obligation and not want them.

Answer by missanc at 11:31 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• how is it weird??? so you think the only reason to get married is to have kids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Not every married couple is able to have kids, for that matter.

They love each other and don't want kids? Their business, not mine. What they choose to do has no affect on my life.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 21, 2009