Would you rather?

Be 1 1/2 hour late for work or not go at all.

I ask because SO woke up late and decided it was better to not go at all. I tried to get him up for over an hour and he said leave him alone and he would get up. Well he didn't. then he told me if I would of let him sleep for a hour he would have got up and gone. I highly doubt that. So he is now sleeping and risking his $16 hour job. ( It's not the best but alot better than nothing) He also says he doesn't make enough, so doesn't want to go.

This is what I get for having sex on a work night.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• How much would he be paid for being without a job? He needs to go to work or at the very least call in with a good reason why he's not able to be there.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:25 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Go in late. My Dh is the same way. To me - some money is better than none - but to a man, it's just another reason not to go to work!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:25 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Sounds like my DH. It takes me forever to wake him up and actually get out of bed. LOL! He definitely doens't want to risk losing a job right now. It's very hard to get a job right now. Men they're something else.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 11:56 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Grrr, I hate that!

He should be getting to work ASAP!
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• As an employer, and former recruiter, I'd say that he's not shooting himself in the foot, but the face. Sure, he's angry... sure he's bored at work... sure, he's 'worth' a whole lot more than $16/hr...

He's also making it really clear to his employer that he thinks he's better than the rest of his co-workers, and he doesn't need the job and it doesn't matter if he shows up --an opinion that his employer will agree with very soon. Late is better than not at all... but not for long. The fact that many people would benefit from finding out the easy way is that you can jerk people around on the end of the line for ONLY as long as THEY decide to stay on the line. When they quit, it's over.

Of course, what you don't know is that adding pressure (nagging, taking responsibility for his job, pestering him, arguing in the morning) is making his resistance to going along (with whatever he isn't going along with) a whole lot worse.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:51 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Well, regardless, he needs to call ASAP with an excuse for being absent or tardy. Granted, sleeping is not an excuse, but just sleeping and never even bothering to call is going to get him fired REALLY quickly.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 4:28 AM on Sep. 22, 2009