My One Month Old

My one mth old son used to be able to sleep on his back in his bassinet and now I try and put him down in his bassinet and he wakes right up....he either wants to sleep in his baby swing or his vibrating chair. Is this alright? How can I get him to sleep in his bassinet again?

maxsmommy1018

Asked by maxsmommy1018 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• some babies if they spend alot of time in a swing or being held anything like that get used to sleeping there and want to sleep there...just keep trying during the day to not let him sleep anywhere but his bassinet or crib....for instance me and my hubby let our 1 month old sleep in his bassinet in our room only at night, and during the day he sleeps in his room in his crib......best of luck.....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• can try swaddeling him. If he cries when u lay him down he might still have gas. can try gripe water at walgreens.
    Kat517

Answer by Kat517 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• You could also lay him on his side. Particularly if he's swaddled, so he doesn't flail around. It can help to put a rolled up towel behind him and one in front, so he doens't flop over in either direction.

Check gripewater for alcohol --most of it has 40%, similiar to vodka. Some is made without, but then has a lot of preservatives (because alcohol is a preservative) in its place. The 'active' ingredient is fennel seed, which you can make for practically nothing at home: crush a teaspoon of seeds a bit, and pour boiling water over and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain and cool. Use a dropper or small spoon to give 1/4 of a tsp. It will stay fresh in the fridge for about a week, but you can make it daily, if you want.

It sounds like your lad is expressing a clear preference for his sleeping situation. It may be difficult to talk him out of that.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2009