Potty trainning!! I NEED HELP!!!

My DD is 23 months old and she is ready to be potty trained but I need help. Does anyone have tips on how they did it or what helps? I am currently 7 months pregnant and I would like to have her trained by the time my DS gets here. Any tips would be useful! Thank you....Have a great day!
BTW..We have a potty, we have elmo panties, and we even have toilet paper with ducks on it! and Elmo DVD's and stickers...I have it all...

ToberzMama

Asked by ToberzMama at 11:42 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I found that the best thing to do is just get rid of diaper or pull-ups and go straight into panties, then take her potty often, like every 30 minutes or so, don't force her to sit there until she goes just have her sit there for a few minutes. Then once she has used the potty praise her and tell how great that is. Keep it up for the first day, every 30 minutes or as often as you can, give her lots to drink, if she does have an accident DO NOT yell or give her a hard time, just say something like "oh no, lets try not to let that happen again" and explain how she needs to use the potty when she needs to go. Have a lot of panties on hand and a lot of patience, this worked for me, it only took 3 days and my dd was completely potty trained, my first potty trained even faster on her own. Good luck and have faith it will happen!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 12:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• We also went straight to the undies, but we didn't take her to the potty at intervals... instead, we put her in undies and a t-shirt, and kept the potty close by, and then when she started having an accident, we'd pick her up and put her on the potty, rewarding her every time even a little drop made it in the potty, and explaining her that pee and poo go in the potty. We'd remind her that if she felt like she needed to go, that's where she needed to go, and we'd praise her periodically for having dry pants. We didn't make a huge deal about it, and it happened really fast. It's a lot of clean-up the first few days, but you'd be surprised how quickly they get it if they're taken there when they're eliminating, rather than being made to sit there when they don't have to go. My daughter has been trained since 19 months, and since that first day has only worn a diaper for naps and bedtime.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I am going to start training at 18 months and agree with the suggestions. I have a question though. Does any one no where to get underpants that are 18 month size. I found some traing pants, but not regular undies. My daughter only weighs 20 pounds so their is no way in a month and a half she will be able to wear 2T undies
    blondy1820

Answer by blondy1820 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2009