please help!

Im 37 weeks pregnant Im going to be induced oct 8 at 5am the past 3 days I have been having light contractions I would really rather have my baby naturally I was checked at 35 weeks and I was only 1cm dialated how can I get the contractions to come more and stronger? I only wanna do this cause I would rather have her naturally..

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My OB told me that sex brings on labor. He said that there is something in semen that brings on labor. It worked for me.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 11:53 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• why are they inducing you? you do have a right to say no to that. what worked for me though, is lots of walks.
    but i'd say if you'd rather let things happen, which is always the best idea unless they're worried about your health, talk it over with your dr.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• sex works
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Hiking on an elk hunt the weekend before i went into labor and mowing the lawn the day before seemed to do it for me! I went in to my regular 37 week appointment dilated to a 5!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 11:56 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Im being induced because of medical reasons I have had a real hard pregnacy
    rissa1789

Answer by rissa1789 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• sex and getting all the babies things done and how i wanted them. Got her bassinet and got it set up and was in labor within like 20 min. I think knowing that I was all ready for her helped me to go into labor. I also had sex 2 days before she was born.
    I don’t know if anything is going to work for you seeing as it is not time for your baby to come. I understand that you have medical reasons to have this baby early but the baby is not going to come naturally till it is time for it to come, until your baby is ready. Oh and do not go on a long hike or go to far away from home that is just really not safe. You have had medical problems you do not want to have this baby on your own in the middle of no where do you?
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• lots of sex........you can try the oil but it doesnt work for everyone also rasberry tea or spicy food oh and try sitting on a birth ball (exercise ball)
    RIP.Caleb

Answer by RIP.Caleb at 12:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2009