ANY ideas??

OK...my daughter is 10 months old and just stopped sleeping through the night. She has been sleeping through the night (8:30pm-6:30am) for a couple months. She recently was treated for a UTI and obviously wasn't sleeping from that because she was in pain. But now as soon as I lay her in her crib she wakes up and cries. at 3am last night I tried to put her back to bed 3 times and eventually gave up and brought her into our bed where she slept. Any suggestions? Do you think she just got use to sleeping with us when she was sick? What should I do? I tried to let her cry for like 15 min last night but it's just not my husbands and I's cup of tea. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is 2, and has been sleeping with me since she came home from the hospital. The only way to get her to sleep in a crib, was to let her cry, which I was not fond of. If you don't mind her sleeping with you, go for it, but if you do, it's probably best to let her cry and get back into sleeping alone.
    Sharde88

Answer by Sharde88 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• But now as soon as I lay her in her crib she wakes up and cries. at 3am last night I tried to put her back to bed 3 times and eventually gave up and brought her into our bed where she slept

She knows that if she cries, you will give in a put her in bed with you. If you want to let her cry, let he go for 5 mins then check on her and calm her down, DON'T pick her up, then leave for 10 minutes, and then check on her, then 15 minutes and check on her...eventually she will realize that mommy will come if something is wrong. It may take you several nights but it will work.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I'd double check with he doctor that everything is ok. She could possibly be in real pain.
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 12:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2009