safty ratings?

How can I find out who has the highest safty ratings for convertible car seats? Every single seat i research all claim they do but i really want to know the truth which seat really has the highest rating? Is there a website to research that?
Also does anyone own the first years true fit convertible seat? If so do you like it? how old was your child when you got it?

RykersMom04

Asked by RykersMom04 at 12:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think the ratings like that are published by the car seat company's . The only thing they can tell you is that the seat passed the minimum. They can't tell you which seats scored better. I don't have the True Fit but a lot of people in the car seat group do. Maybe you could do a post and ask people what they think.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Thank you
    RykersMom04

Answer by RykersMom04 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• All seats have to pass the same standards. Some go above and beyond. I don't know much about that.

The True Fit, I have one, and LOVE it. DS was about 18 mos when we got it. He's now 2, and still comfortably RF in it. If you have any specific questions about it, I'd be glad to help as best I can.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It won't matter if you find them because those ratings are for those seats in particular vehicles. They do not test them in ALL vehicles.

The SEAT could have the highest rating out there, but if it doesn't fit in your vehicle, or the baby doesn't fit properly, the seat is shit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• we got the alpha omega, and it is awsome.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 2:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Britax and Sunshine Kids are the best seats. Period. I just got my nephew the True Fit... I love it. It is a really good seat, very tall shell, just wish it would rear face longer.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 5:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Oh, Dont look at consumer reports either. Those are usually just based on looks. Like the Alpha Omega or The Eddie Bauer Deluxe, they have high consumer report ratings because they LOOK nice, but they are crap.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 5:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2009