I am trying to get my home business off of the ground, but I am having trouble with getting customers. The people that I have asked either aren't interested or a already customers of a competing consultant. What do I do? I know that EVERYONE wants to look more attractive.

Starting a home business and getting customers

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• Get creative!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I hate to be the one to say this but no one can afford it anymore! That's the bottom line!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Is it Mary kay? Offer free stuff. Do some specials. With Mary Kay since you get 50% of all sales. Give a new customer discount, even if it's just you paying the tax. Just until you can build customer relationships.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Women will always pay for makeup. Mary Kays sales have been up 10% in this economy. Can't do without it. Good luck with your business.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It is selling body reshapers that flatten the belly, smooths love handles and lifts the rear. It gave me an hourglass shape. I also have wellness products.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I suggest you check out my series of work at home articles.  I have a lot of great ideas about businesses and keeping customers.  You can read them all here:

athome.yolasite.com

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• This hits so close to home. I apllied for disabilty ans was denied, so now I'm going through voc rehab.

So i told them iwant to be a work at home mommy, they sais sounds good considering your disablilty.

They gave me some papers to fill out.

1 thing that they told me to take into consideration is " how many competitors will you have?"

Ouch, so many groomers in my area!

Yeah, bummed me out.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 2:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Around the same time I found Pre-Paid Legal Services Inc.

Thic company can not be compared.

Any other place that offers something similar does not pay like we do, do not have the expierience we do, the time record or the customer satisfaction wih the BBB.

This company is also traded publicly on the NYSE.

To get a company overview click here. By the way we offer daily pay!!

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 2:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• We have alot of consultants in our area but still so many don't know about us. We are a very creative bunch.
    PM me as to what you sell. I have some things some of my team have been trying and are getting some great success out of. We discussed some of this last night on our call.

I'm not here to sell you anything, just help.

gr-mom2
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 22, 2009