Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No support in any way from my children's father within 5 years. recently settled custody battle in June.

WE have 3 kids, one oldest daughter (10) two youngest sons (9, 7). After four years of custoday battle, he agreed that i have primary custody of all. Recently i had to ask when will he ever fill out the child support papers so that i may start using them on gas to bring kids to school or to his 5min ride dropping kids off for visitation on weekends. My youngest child loves to see his dad, but he lies or uses excuses. I have told about this attitude to my attorney before and that i would like full custody. I have a feeling that he will intimidate me in some form when in October we recieve permentant fund divident from the state. i am to the point where i should modify custody case for full custody. He has never completed alcohol tx, claims he takes tx, but i have proof he doesn't attend to any of that. I will allow kids to visit him, just that he never is around/supportive.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • He doesn't have to fill out papers. The judge gave you a child support order didn't he? Just take it to the child support office. He's the one who should be feeling intimidated! The Ak child support office is brutal to it's residents that owe. If he was out of state though they don't help you. If your in Anch. the CS office is down town a few block behind the transit center, in Mat-Su it's opposite of the WIC office. GL

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

  • Oh, you can only modify a CS order once every 12 months if there's just cause. GL

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

  • The attorney should have made sure there was a specific amount court ordered for cs and it should have started immediately. Call cs and ask them what's up? I pestered my cs office for years. I even got pissed and wrote the governor and contacted a Dead Beat Dads (should pay cs) website. I didn't stop until I got my money. I put him in jail more than once over it too.

    Answer by admckenzie at 1:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.