having hard time w/ second pregnancy..

I'm having a really hard time eating with my second pregnancy.. Im losing weight and getting pretty scared.. Sometimes I get a craving but even when I indulge in my craving its not good.. Nothing tastes good and I dont know what to do.. any advice would be really appreciated!!

lovin85

Asked by lovin85 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• been there did that... with that said, the most important thing you can do besides contacting your OB is to STAY HYDRATED!!! I can't tell you how many times I was in the er for losing wt and they would give me fliuds.. can you keep own stuff like jello, soup, ect.? if not you need to go in!! but ALWAYS contact your OB first!!
    good luck!
    amy
    leftylucy81

Answer by leftylucy81 at 1:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• all i know is maybe to try different things...and just keep trying. i know with my son all the things i normally liked tasted horrible. even fruit and yogurt was just horrible. do shakes make you sick too? cuz you might be able to try like protein shakes to help fill you up.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I've been the exact same way. I'm 20 weeks and had BAD morning sickness up til I was 11 weeks. The morning sickness pretty much kept me from being able to eat anything but after that passed I still haven't really felt like eating. Nothing sounds good. I leave work at lunch and NOTHING sounds good. I used to could eat McDonalds every single day before i was pregnant, but Ive ate it maybe 4 times since I have been bc even the thought of grease makes me sick. I was worried bc so far I have lost 8 pnds since Ive been pregnant and I was normal weight before, but the Dr said as long as I am actually eating something and didn't feel ike I was starving and as long as the baby was at normal weight and growth (she's actually a little bigger) then she wasn't too concerned just yet. I went for my monthly Dr appt last week and she said I had only gained 1 pnd and just told me to eat as much as I can handle.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• my doc told me that it was important to call if I couldn't keep anything down for 24 hours. Otherwise just try to stay hydrated, eat anything you CAN, and take your prenatals. As long as you are doing that then baby will get what he/she needs and only your body will suffer. (Sounds great, right?)
    I would ask your doc about anything you can take. My OB's office writes a prescription for Zoforan for nausea. Otherwise, ginger ale and crackers were the only thing I could keep down! Maybe jello or tea??
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I am in the same boat! Nothing taste good to me. I try to eat something healthy but its hard when nothing taste good...ice cream doesn't even taste good. I have a long way to go too! :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My second pregnancy was like that too. Talk to your ob. Mine said that I wasnt losing enough weight to be concerned even though I ended up going into labor 10lbs thinner that I had been bfore. I joked that if I knew getting pregnant again would be a weight loss plan I would have done it a whole lot sooner!
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2009