Anyone else hate how there isn't as much of a selection for clothing for boys as there is girls?

I had a great coupon for Old Navy the other day -- $50 off $100! I live an hour and a half away from the closest Old Navy but I was psyched to go! I get there, and the selection for toddler boys was like 4 shelves. Seriously. It was pathetic! The girls were racks upon racks and the clearance for the girls was amazing! The boys clearance had maybe 10 things on it! I was planning on getting all of my son's clothes for next summer but wasn't able to since they had nothing! I did manage to get 3 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of jeans, a sweater, and four shirts and a hat, but still, it just made me mad!

I noticed it is like that in a lot of stores. Don't they realize we love shopping for little boys as well?? I'm sticking with online shopping from now on!

Sorry, just had to rant! =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ugghhh! I feel your pain! I get frustrated, too! I mean, yes, typically women shop more than men...but HELLO...we also shop for our kids...more than we do for ourselves! Boy or girl...they both have to wear clothes!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I don't have boys, only 2 girls and even I have noticed that. Anytime I shop for my godson or my nephews I have the hardest time. It is slim pickings, for sure!
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 1:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It totally sucks, I always have to settle for my son because there is so little to choose from. Whenever I shop for my nieces, I can never decide because there is too much.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• And I also always see little boys wearing the same thing as each other!!! Girls dont have that problem! I saw one little boy a couple weeks ago wearing something my son has and then yesterday, he had on another little outfit that was the same...and the outfits were from different stores!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• i agree! 2 boys and what a crappy selection. your only options are polos, buttons downs, or tshirts with some kind of pants. wow! i went to old navy yesterday and there were 4 things in the sale section while everything else and i mean tons and tons of stuff was girls. all pink and red. so sick of it but who can you say anyting too?!
    trelimon

Answer by trelimon at 1:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It is irritating. I have a boy and a girl and there is sooooooo much for little girls, and its hard to find cute little boy clothes. Especially dress clothes.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 1:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Yeah, my friend is pregnant with a boy and we were just talking about this. It's because with girls there are hearts, butterflies, ladybugs, rainbows and all kinds of frilly designs. And girls clothes can be in any color and it still looks good. Boys have to be in blues, tans, browns and greens most of the time with sports, dinosaurs/animals and cars.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I have felt this frustration for 14 years! Which is why I am so thrilled to finally have a girl! Online shopping is best for boys.
    littleredpony

Answer by littleredpony at 2:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I know i hate that. Seems to be like that no matter where you go. I guess they just take in to account that even when boys get older they only own one or two pair of pants and then a few nice shirts, look in your husbands closet compared to yours, its just the way we are trained I think
    mommy2ejdnh

Answer by mommy2ejdnh at 3:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I have the same issue and it pisses me off! It seems like it's getting more difficult the older he gets. At least at 12 months, I could find cute little overalls and things. But now that he's 2 1/2 (wearing 3-4T), it's so boring! You would think the buyers would realize this and give us more choices. I'm not crazy about shopping online because if you don't happen to get free shipping, it costs more. I could have bought another outfit with what some sites charge for shipping.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2009