English Bulldogs

I have two bulldogs. A male and a female and my female is in heat. Is it possible for them to mate and her to get pregnant without AI? I hear the only way they can is through AI. Anyone with experience with this?

QTMamma01

Asked by QTMamma01 at 1:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pets

• They can breed but you don't need to be breeding them if you don't know what you're doing (Obviously you don't know too much..) there can be problems with any dog but especially with the english bulldogs. So plain and simple, you don't need to be breeding them.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I have heard mostly through AI (it depends on if the male can mount properly or not because of their build) and the puppies have to be delivered by c-section bc their heads are too big. Please don't breed them if you don't know what you are doing. Make an appointment with a vet THAT HAS KNOWLEDGE OF THE BREED, not just any old vet. Before breeding the father and mother should have physicals to make sure they are healthy and should be bred. Keep all the cost in mind before you decide to breed them. There is the c-section, vet visits (at least two) for each puppy. Multiple dewormings and two sets of shots for each puppy. Breeding is nothing to enter into lightly and as long as you are informed and properly place the puppies then go for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2009