I dont even know if this is normal , Please any advice? TMI Period

I just started my period yesterday It was due the 9th but just started but it was late because I stopped my BC ( I know because I had more than 1 neg test)
But the cramps have been way worse and I keeep having alot of small clots.
Is that normal ?
I have never noticed clots before in a period. I just wanted to know if anyone else has this happen,.
Could it be because my period was late?
Just a little freaked out Ive had miscarriages before so Ive been a worry wart LOL .
I had my baby 5 months ago so I know the clots are not from that .
Thanks for any advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Health

• If you have been on BC since the birth, then you have been having medically controlled periods...one thing to keep in mind is that after birth, your hormones do not go back to what they were before you got pregnant...that means that once you quit taking bc, you will have a different type of period that you aren't used to. The clots are probably part of your new hormones.

Before I got pregnant, I had hard periods with heavy flow and horrible cramps that would keep me in bed for days. After birth, I would have small clots, rare cramps and a shorter period.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• OK thanks
    I was just a little panicy
    LOL
    Thank you so much :)
    Im starting a lower does BC next week The one I was one was to much horomones for me .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2009