Just curious about this...

And I'm not even sure if this is the right place to ask , but here goes. I'm so curious about why women don't used birth control. I see so many questions on here from women who either got pregnant and now are not with their boyfriend (I'm referring to the unmarried women in this question) or questions like...I was seeing this guy for a few weeks now I'm pregnant. The reason I'm asking is because pregnancy is preventable in most cases. I have PCOS and my ex husband and I tried for years to have a baby but just couldn't. Were most of these pregnancys planned in your opinion or just carelessness? Just curious, not hating on anyone here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• I can't speak for others since my tubes are tied but wanted to say I have PCOS and I had 3 children. So never give up

Answer by admckenzie at 1:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I would love to say it's carelessness or immaturity and feel like I was telling the truth.
    But sometimes it really is something else. For example, my SIL- there are only 3 forms of birth control that do not make her physically ill. The first is what she had when she got pregnant with her daughter, the second was what she took when she got pregnant with her son. The third she is on now and she is REALLY hoping it works.
    For me... I'm poor. That's just the fact. I'm married but I still take BC. When I can afford it, that is. But if the choice is get birth control for $50 or buy food for my kids... guess what? They get food. And I get careful and paranoid :)
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 1:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I dont take BCP because I am not good at taking them plus they were causing problems for me. I tried a couple and I remember one making me really depressed. I wont take the shot or anything else that has to be placed or injected in me. If I have a child, then good for me because I want more :)

I am allergic to latex and I have tried the latex free condoms... they break so easy and on my ex, they did not fit and they dont make many sizes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I think most of them are just careless. I thought they have had sex so often but didn't get pregnant at all so they thought the chance of getting pregnant is slim to zero. Anyway, some of them, I guess they thought their man would stay with them once they get pregnant and being short sighted to see that's not how a relationship works. I just thought this young and younger generations lack of trainning on being responsible and what's consequences mean to life. That's our job to do it right to teach our own kids.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 2:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I don't take HBC for several reasons, its effect on me emotionally not being the least of them. But I am in a very happy, loving marriage, so unexpected pregnancy isn't a world end-er. As for the ones you are talking about, for many of them, it seems to be immaturity. I see a lot of really young "moms" who have just had babies, and have gotten pregnant soon after because they just didn't think it could happen. I also think that its hard for many people (not just women) to comprehend that it truly only takes ONE time for pregnancy to happen so they aren't as careful as they should be.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• hmm... I have my reasons and things happen for a reason.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I dont use birth control cause of my beliefs. I believe life begins at conception. And some BC let the sperm & egg met, just not implant, which TO ME is abortion. IMO! (i know a lot won't agree with me and thats ok. youre entitled to your belief, as am i :) ). .We are using Natural Family Planning & condoms. Condoms only stop the sperm from getting there so i'm not against it :)
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Some of these answers have restored my faith in intelligent women. I know so many women who are poor and yet still have a child every year or other year. I won't go into how they are supporting them but I'm sure you all an guess. I don't use BCP myself. I find them to be dangerous and scary. My sister and other relatives have used them and other forms of hormonal BC and have had so many health problems it's unreal. We use condoms and I watch my cycle very carefully. If we were to have a surprise, well, nothing we would want to do except raise him or her but we have all we can handle now. Hopefully next year we'll be able to meet our insurance deductible and one of us will get sterilized.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Some BCP causes suicide and depression.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• im not going to lie, our baby was unplanned and we were careless. BUT! we are still together, we got a good place to live, and have very stable good jobs and as soon as we found out that i was pregnant we immediately started saving for our baby, and i started going back to school! we got our life in order! so we went form very young adults, who were scared and had no clue what to do--to young adults who grabbed the bull by the horns, got our sh*t together and said it was time to grow up! we made the grown up decsion to have sex, and babies are apart of the decsion...so you take what gets dished out to you and make the best! :]
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 21, 2009