Are there any places where discrimination is OK?

Hooters is one! Do you need me to explain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Any Private Business. I feel that people discrimate in many ways and that we can't pick and choose what is right for other people. They should be able to decide who they want to hire regardless of the reasonigns. If they prefer a certain type for their company, who am I to tell them they can't. Maybe they shouldn't, but that shouldn't be my call. I can run my own company on my own terms.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 8:14 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• movie theaters ... other quiet places ... i just HATE being somewhere quiet and peaceful when loud 'needs' kids come in"!! AH!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• The Military
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• well its illegal, but it happens. Someone could just choose not to hire you. That's what they "say" is going on. It's just like if a man wants to work as a stripper they aren't going to hire him unless he's buff.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• church
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• The Military?

Oh! I go it. They do discriminate against Gays.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Certain parts of the military. If you are a women you can not go into. Like Field Artillery, or Infantry are two.

Answer by louise2 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• "Certain parts of the military. If you are a women you can not go into. Like Field Artillery, or Infantry are two."

Thanks for the info.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• The Black Student Union at my college. Whites are not allowed to participate in their social events.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• The military has repealed their "don't ask, dont tell" policy, so throw that one out. And women are not allowed in direct combat jobs, but that's more for their safety and the safety of the men then it is because "they cant do it". I have never seen a church discriminate so that's asinine. (Westboro baptist church does not count). The only place I have seen (first hand) where it was ok to discriminate was in "ethnic" colleges and groups. A friend of mine tried going to a traditionally black school and was taunted and harassed by the majority of the students and even some of the teachers. She had out right racist comments made and no one would do a thing about it.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2009