Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who do I call if I found out someone has been using my Social security number?

I checked my credit not too long ago and it was fine but I do know this person has used my number to apply for welfare and set up utilities. Then I just called to set up my cable and they told me a different last name is coming up with my number when they tried to set up my service.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (5)
  • the FBI....look on the internet to find a number to call.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

  • i would start with the police of which ever state ur in.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

  • You should call the social security office right away. If you know someone is definately using it and you know who it is you should maybe contact the police.

    Answer by Halfmoonwife at 1:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

  • contact the police my dad had that happen to him and he called the cops and pointed him in the right direction

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

  • I don't think the FBI will take that call. ha ha ha hahaha. Local police and social security office are definitely the place to start. Good luck.

    Answer by Pnukey at 5:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN