Where in the Bible does it say...

that I should put other people down for their beliefs? Where in the Bible does it say that I should attack other Christians because their traditions and beliefs are not mine? Where in the Bible does it say that I should be cruel to non-Christians for holding different beliefs from mine? Where in the Bible does Jesus say I should be an intolerant fool?

anime_mom619

Asked by anime_mom619 at 1:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• nowhere. but i'm always getting bashed because I'm a jehovahs witness. I never hurt anyone and try to help anyone that I can. but not many people look at me that way. because my beliefs are different, I get bashed. But not by everyone, some people on here are actually nice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• You want to know where in the bible? Well, you asked. Get ready. Here are some passages in the bible that will tell you.
    Acts 19:8-9 Paul entered the synagogue and spoke boldly there for three months, arguing persuasively about the kingdom of God. But some of thembecame obstinate: they refused to believe and publicly maligned the Way. So Paul left them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• 2 Corinthians 3:11 Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men. What we are is plain to God, and I hope that it is plain to your conscience.

Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10

Anonymous

• Ephesians 4:11 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Jesus was accepting of everyone. He said he who is without sin shall cast the first stone. Many parts of the bible have been omitted and Christians haven't been given the whole story about what Jesus was really all about. God is a loving God and Jesus was a loving son of God. Jesus hung out with drunks and theives and showed them unconditional love. Christianity should be about unconditional love and acceptance. We need to be more concerned for the human race rather than trying to control and brainwash people. IMO
    Anonymous

• Philippians 1:7-8 It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God's grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• 2 Timothy 2:25-26 Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

Anonymous

• Still don't see where it's telling me to be an ignorant fool...

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• 2 Timothy 4:2-4 Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

Anonymous

• Titus 1:9 He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2009