has this ever happened to you

so my daughter is almost ten months old and she is teething and has had a mood change which I know is normal for those top teeth cause they really hurt but if she gets hurt or if my hubby is doing something with her and Im not there she freaks out and she won't calm down when he tries to calm her down when usually she will and she will cry so hard and then if I take her she will stop immediatly. He gets his feelings hurt and I feel horrible that she does that to him but I'm home all day with her and does alot of stuff for her. I told him to jump in more and do more to help, he plays with her alot so don't get me wrong he does do things but I of coarse do more. I know its a phase but I really just want to know if this has happened to anyone else. He is going to watch her later this week so I want her to be ok with him my plan is to try to go out once a week so they have their time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• happens all the time at our house lol my son is 5 months old and when he gets mad no one but me can make him better he will scream and scream till his dad finally gives in and hands him to me and then he stops instantly. he gets his feelings hurt to but hes home all day with mommy and well im more calming then his dad so it happens. pretty soon they wont want us at all and it will be all about daddy.
    RykersMom04

Answer by RykersMom04 at 2:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It is quite normal. Prepare yourself for some day down the road though when all they want is their daddy and not you. ;o)
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 2:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It's happens to me. My DD won't have anything to do with DH when she is upset. She will work up to screaming then stop the second I pick her up. The same thing happened with our son. Eventually they get over that and want daddy too.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• This is so funny because the exact same thing is happening to me. I am a stay at home mom with two boys one the age of 9 months and the other is 4 years old. Both of them can be pretty attached to me, but I try to find a time where my husband can spend time with the both of them along on the weekends or daily. There are times where I switch off from watching my youngest to taking my oldest son out to do big boy things when my husband is home so that he is able to bond with my youngest son more. Try taking more time away whether it be for 5 mins or 10 mins, let her understand that you can't always be around her and that her dad is there too. She may cry and have a hard time with it at first but this will go away. The sooner you get her to latch off of you the better it will be for both you and her in the long run because later on down the road she can could have attachment issues that will be harder to handle as she gets older.
    Halfmoonwife

Answer by Halfmoonwife at 2:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2009