Our school is having their Fall Individual Pictures...what to wear?

What would be a good color for a 6 yr. old girl for picture day and how to wear her hair it is very long.

And for the boy a good color too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know this one!

For boys a shirt (white or blue ) and tie.

I only have boys. I wouldn't know about girls.
    bringin

Answer by bringin at 2:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• orange, brown, dark red...fall colors

Gymboree has the CUTEST fall outfits, coordinating for boys and girls
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• When professional portraits are taken, my belief is KISS. Keep It Sweet and Simple!

Have her wear her hair down, maybe with a side barrette so in the future you can reminisce and see her real hair.

To keep the picture timeless and undated, pick out an outfit with no pattern and that is simple.

I despise looking at my childhood school portraits where you can definitely tell I am a product of the early 80's

Put the focus on showing her natural self, not accessories, clothes, or hair.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Any bright solid color that compliments your child's complexion will look nice. For the girl's hair I would choose a style she normally wears so the pictures will look like her, but I'd avoid a ponytail because it's not great directly from the front.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• a solid color polo shirt will due nicely
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Just remember that what your child looks like when they leave home isn't necessarily what they will look like at picture time......LOL!
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 3:19 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Solid colors in a lighter tone. Not pastel, but light, such as a ruby red instead of a burgundy red so it shows up nicely in the picture.
    Put her hair the way she normally wears it, she'll have a whole day of school ahead of her so if she doesn't wear it down then be sure it's not down for the picture.
    I'll post my daughter's pictures from last year and you will see where I mad the mistake of having them wear colors that were too dark, especially my oldest in her blue sweater.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:30 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Sorry...I've tried everything and can't get them to paste. When I finally do only a red X shows up. :(
    All I have to offer is my advice above. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:13 AM on Sep. 22, 2009