I think that I just need a little reassurance.

My daughter, 8 months, slept 14 hours last night, woke up to eat and play for about two hours and is sleeping again... going on five hours.

As far as I know she is not ill, she has not had any recent vaccines, I think she is just really tired.

Yeah... I have a five year old but he is a step son and I never took care of an infant before.

What can be going on? Is this normal? Could it be caused by the weather (rainy)?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 2:20 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she may be growing
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 2:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Oh I WISH... my son at the most would sleep 11 hours total - that's including naps a day - I am sure you are worried but I am sure its fine and she's just growing! sometimes I heard!! lol!! during teething some get tired too!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My daughter always did that when she was going threw a growth spurt. I am sure that is whats going on. It seemed like my baby girl only woke up to eat then went back to sleep. lol Sit back relax and enjoy the "time off". lol
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 2:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I would say that it could be caused by the weather for sure. I would definately not worry about it. Just make sure she is getting up to eat and get changed and I think she should be fine. This is probably normal. Also, just to be sure, look around the house to make sure there was nothing she possibly got into that might be causing her to be sleepy. Otherwise I would have to say if there is nothing else wrong with her besides being sleepy then don't worry too much about it. She is probably growing like other moms have already stated.
    Halfmoonwife

Answer by Halfmoonwife at 2:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Our dd does that too, like once a month that is all she wants to do is sleep and my pedi told me to rest assure its called a growing spurt. Congrat's your baby is getting big!!
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 1:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2009