Any ideas or advice for a fussy baby?

I have a 3 week old who won't let me put her down longer than 20mins. After 20 mins she starts screaming. No she's not sick. We took her to the doctor just the other day for a check up. She won't sit in her swing for long and won't go to her daddy for long either. I have let her cry it out a few times but I live in an apartment building so I don't want her to cry all the time and annoy my poor neighbors. Also if I let her cry it out she would always be crying. Its not because she's hungery, needs to burp, or has a wet/dirty diaper. I do hold her and love to so don't think that I don't want to but I have a 2 year old who needs attention too. And I need at least a few minutes to myself once a day. Please help and don't bash. Sad a mom who needs help has to ask people not to bash.

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 2:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Normal for the age. Three weeks is six months too early for CI)O, according to the experts.

Do you have a SLING? Single most important piece of baby equipment you can own after a car seat. Baby gets to be close to you and your hands are free to deal with the toddler.

Sorry, but there really are no other magic cures. The three week old doesn't care that there's another child, and as far as your kids are concerned you only live to serve them and don't GET time to yourself. That kind of consideration doesn't happen till they're much older. **smile**

Nope, I'm not bashing you. Just telling you like it is. Sorry, but it's not gonna be easy!

Answer by gdiamante at 2:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• 3 weeks has been found too early to let them CIO - I heard that this is a typical age for babies to be fussy - they are going through growth spurt and brain developments - there's not much you can do for that. Maybe try a carrier that's attached to you? I had a son with 14 hour a day colic so I understand the frustration - maybe you could also try to talk to your neighbors also so they are aware?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2009