Not the gender you hoped for?

Have any of you moms been dissapointed in your ultrasound gender results? Have two girls..did charting and opt, was hoping for a boy, ultrasound says baby girl #3...very upset (especially after months of calculating) at first. Just get tired of the negative remarks like "oh another girl" anyhow. I feel guilty for being dissapointed. These emotions are driving me crazy, is it normal

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have been there.. I have 3 girls and the last 2 times I swore they were boys but nope their all girl. However I wouldn't change it if I could. I know the comments you are talking about.. I don't think people think before they speak. It's not like you can choose and they just don't get that. We were at I HOP a couple of months ago and this old guy came up to us and asked us where our boy was and why we had all girls. How flippin rude is that !? However we were pregnant at the time but didn't know the gender. Well I would love to see that old guy now so that I could tell him that we are pregnant with a BOY. Don't give up sweetie.. it will happen. I honestly never thought I would get a boy but the ultrasound was very obvious that he is definitely a boy !!
    sophia_03_27

Answer by sophia_03_27 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I wanted a boy, but got a girl. I wasn't disappointed only 'cause deep down I just knew it was a girl. But, I think if I were in your situation with baby number 3 I'd probably be disappointed. But, you know when that baby comes you will love it no matter what!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 2:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• well im not exactly in the same situation i am a first time mom she will be 2 weeks on wednesday and i was sooo hoping for a boy i was upset when i found out it was a girl and not a boy i thik it is normal because if you get your hopes up and want one thing and get another it is dissapointing but after a while i accepted the fact of a little girl and now that she is here i am soo happy i think you will get used to the fact my mom actually went through the same thing she has 3 girls and was hoping for boys and the docs told her we were all boys so imagine her shock just embrace the fact you are bringing another beautiful little girl in the world and try not to think about how you wanted a boy anymore now that you know it is a girl i wishyou the best of luck with your new addition
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I was very disappointed.. I have 2 girls and a boy, and baby #4 was a girl. I did not find out at my u/s, and was not thinking she was a "girl". It took me 3 mos. to accept that I had another girl! I am doing much better now- love my little sweet girl ~ it does get better with time and getting to bond/love your little one. I think it is a good idea though to find out if you can. I wish I would have, so I could have prepared myself before she was born.
    tts

Answer by tts at 2:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I have three boys. The first baby I wanted a girl so badly, and felt like a jerk when I was disappointed. Then with baby # 2, I cried when the doc said it he was a boy. Then I really felt like a jerk. The third time I just knew it was a boy and he was a boy.
    I think I convinced myself he was a boy so I would not be disappointed if he was a boy.
    I always tell those people that say...what another boy...that I am so lucky because I just love boys. I never want my boys to think I don't want them because they are boys. I never talk about trying one more time for a girl, because I don't want my boys to feel like they aren't what I wanted.
    Good luck, I know how you feel.
    Next time, we should switch hubbies. :p Then maybe we will each get the gender we are hoping for.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• i was really upset at my ultra sound. another girl. what makes me more upset is when family members say stuff like, "you have to make me a grandson", or something like that. it's like, don't you think we tried!!!
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 2:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I had 5 boys! When 4 & 5 arrived (twins) I was just bloody greatful they lived. They were 3 1/2 months premature. The sex was no longer important. Just be happy with what the good Lord gives you..and that the babies are healthy.
    Del672

Answer by Del672 at 2:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• All we wanted was a girl, we got to boys - I cried both times.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I already had 2 boys when I got pregnant with my little one.. We were hoping for a boy, I had 4 ultrasounds throughout the course of my pregnancy and each visit I would ask to check the babys gender.. We were pregnant with another boy! I was dissapointes for a while but got use to it and started to fall more in love with the baby.. I would call him by his name and the reality of having a 3rd boy! I love my boys so much they are just so easy going BUT I am still hoping to try for my girl in 2 to 3 years I ended up not tying my tubes after this pregnancy in hopes that our last try will be a girl...TBC!!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I was really hoping for a boy and thought for sure it was one, but ultrasound proved me wrong and when she said the words "it's a girl", I was a bit dissapointed. We have all girls on my side of the family. I'm glad we decided to find out though, cause I'm now adjusted to it and very excited to meet her. Plus it is only our first, so I can still hope for a boy.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 21, 2009