Any ideas or advice for a fussy baby?

I have a 3 week old who won't let me put her down longer than 20mins. After 20 mins she starts screaming. No she's not sick. We took her to the doctor just the other day for a check up. She won't sit in her swing for long and won't go to her daddy for long either. I have let her cry it out a few times but I live in an apartment building so I don't want her to cry all the time and annoy my poor neighbors. Also if I let her cry it out she would always be crying. Its not because she's hungery, needs to burp, or has a wet/dirty diaper. I do hold her and love to so don't think that I don't want to but I have a 2 year old who needs attention too. And I need at least a few minutes to myself once a day. Please help and don't bash. Sad a mom who needs help has to ask people not to bash.

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 2:40 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Oh you poor thing. I remember those days.

One thing that I loved to do with my daughter was take a warm bath, put her on my chest and constantly poor warm water down her back.

She loved it and it would cure her fussiness, her fuss would turn into coos of relaxation.

Good luck!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• seem like just yesterday. great bath trick girlneffy. i swaddles my daughter and layed her beside me. singing (to the best of my ability) lullabies. and we also did the baby carrier. it had neck support and kept her close just like she enjoyed.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Get one of those carrier things.
    Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 3:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I wont bash but CIO is not the answer for a newborn.

What about a sling that will allow you have hands free for your toddler.. also what about a rocker or a seat that vibrates?

Do you have any family that will help out?

Plus if the baby is 3 weeks old you need to get your rest too.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My oldest was kind of a fussy baby. When he was fussy I would take his favorite blanket and wrap him up like a 'baby burrito' and hold him. He seemed to like to like that. If you don't have a sling, you may want to get one, that way you can keep baby close but still have your hands free for your other child.
    Good luck, I hope she settles down soon!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Warm bath
    Change of diaper
    Change of Clothes
    Change of bed sheets
    Pacifier
    Rocking baby

All of these make a huge difference. Best of Luck n Congratulations Mamma.!!!
    BuzyMamma

Answer by BuzyMamma at 4:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2009