not quite sure...(baby stuff)

im not sure if i should sterilize all my bottles and pacifiers yet. im only 33 weeks, but ive have already been told by my doc and my urologist that i am not going to make it to my due date because i have severe kidney swelling (the right one) and my urethra is getting closed off by my uterus, and that the only way to fix the problem is to have the baby. oh and my cervix is VERY thin. so not exactly sure when my son will be here, but i want to be prepared...should i start to sterilize them now?

danette624

Asked by danette624 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My 1st child came a month early, but we had the baby shower about a few days before i went into labor, the day of the shower i was so excited that i washed all the clothes and boiled the bottles and pacifers...its a good thing i did it when i did......go ahead and do it, if it is too long after you do then you have your baby have a friend or family member redo it, trust me your love ones will be thrilled to be able to help!!
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 2:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• i wouldnt see why not i sterilized everything before i had the baby and then once i had her actually ended up sterilizing it again i guess its all up to you if you want go ahead it wont hurt
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• thanks girls! im getting all the stuff together now! lol
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 3:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• id go ahead and do it. im sory you have to deal w that stuf, no fun at all. do you plan on breastfeeding? i had a ton of bottles all ready to go, and only used the drop in ones cause thats all she would use, and the ones i pumped into.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 3:18 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• If you have time~ sure. You may never need any of it, though. So if you're busy then don't sweat it. It could be frustrating to have bothered with this stuff for no reason.
    I didn't use that stuff, you never know.
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:40 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• no i dont plan on breastfeeding, i wanted to at first, but at my job that would be awkward to have to go pump lol i work at a correctional institution (a male prison). we got some of the drop in bottles and some regular ones too...just see what works best...
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2009