About when people pray for you

There were times when some would pray for me, and I would feel nothing, why was that? I could usally feel the presence of God, and used to feel the warmth of his love though some, but not though others. I like the prayers, they were good.. But sometimes I didnot feel something when some people prayed for me.. I know what it feels like when God touches you.. But i wonder i shouldnot let everyone pray for me....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well if you "feel" nothing, then maybe they aren't getting through. Just because a person promises to pray doesn't mean they are effective in their prayers. They aren't going to "hurt" you by praying...but probably aren't helping either. There are things in our lives that can effect our communion with the Lord and hinder our prayers.
    ----------------------
    I agree, but another point:
    we can't trust feelings, we must live by faith in the truth. Feelings can lead us in many wrong directions-- despair,inappropriate guilt, feelings of condemnation ect.. Satan uses emotions to deceive us...look at Cain and Able, Esau and Jacob, David and Bathsheba....

Some of the prayers you can not "feel" may be the really effective ones.

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• people will pray for you if they want to. Im sure you do already, but pray for yourself.

Proverbs 15:29 (King James Version)

29The LORD is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 3:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2009