Are there any legitimate work from home opportunities out there??

I am a stay at home mom of 2, my youngest being 2 weeks old. I have looked into tons of the work at home sites, and all of them appear to be scams, but surely there has to be some legitimate work from home opportunities to be found. Has anyone else had any luck finding any? I have no start up money to "buy" into things. I have heard of all sorts of companies that outsource their typing and data entry things, so why cant I find any real job for this type of thing?

mommyof2in09

Asked by mommyof2in09 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.  Also, I have a Blog about computer jobs sorted into those that pay via Paypal and those that pay utilizing other means.  You can check them all out at my website:

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• No.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 6 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Tupperware and yes you can start up for FREE when you host a book party and collect at least $400 in orders. check out my site at my2.tupperware.com/amyroca let me know if you have ANY questions!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 3:40 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Yes,

But dont take my word for it. Check out our companies incrediblerecord by clicking here.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:40 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents
    I know you said you have now start up fee. But if you are able to save up the money, this is what I do from home...and it brings in good money. My husband actually likes to get involved as well. Let me know if I can help in any way if you're interested in doing this.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 3:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Yes there are... I have a list of legit free home JOBS on my site - just look under Work At Home Jobs... www.SabrinasCloset.info

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Most are not "jobs" where you earn a paycheck for actual hours you put in, those are difficult to find, and are usually for those who have worked with a company for awhile and are given the opportunity to work at home. Yes, there are direct sales companies like what some posters above mention, but even if they boast a free sign up you still have to put money into it, whether with samples, demos, bags for orders, order books, catalogs, then you have to find people to host or buy, possibly do shows, deliver products and for the work you put in you are NOT guaranteed to actualy make a penny, most don't and end up owing the direct sales company more than what they earned.

I still say, and I don't recruit and earn anything for saying it, eBay is an amazing option. You need ZERO to get started, because you don't owe ebay and/or paypal until after you sell, or 30 days after you first list things.....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• ....and you can simply start out by selling the clothes, toys, cd's, dvd's & videos, collectibles anything you and your family no longer uses but is in good condition. Start by selling those items and then take the money you earn, pay ebay their share, and take the rest (at least in the beginning) and purchase more things to sell. Baby clothes and things do very well, especialy name brands like Gymboree, Oilily, Baby LuLu, Hanna Andersson, etc. I buy my inventory at thrift stores, yard sales, consignment shops (especialy clearnce sales), and clearance racks. I can spend a $1 on something and sell it for $20+, usualy it sells for $15-$30 depending on the brand and size.

I'm now a powerseller and doing well simply by shopping and listing on eBay. I print out poastage and the postal worker picks them up...so except for the shopping I don't even leave me house for "my job"
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep. Feel free to contact me directly.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2009