Any moms in school out there?

I'm working on my bachelor's degree in social work right now. I'm taking 18 hours this semester. I'm 6 1/2 months pregnant (no it wasn't planned lol) and I have an 8 year old step daughter. My mom went back to school when I was in grade school and it took her forever to finish her degree. I didn't want to do that because I hate not having a job and want to help my husband , he works a lot right now so I'm trying to keep up with all my courses and graduate on time. The problem is I'm having trouble keeping up (never a problem before) I keep getting sinus infections and I'm wore out. So my question, how do other moms deal with being so busy and staying healthy?

tirelessefforts

Asked by tirelessefforts at 2:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Wow! I can relate. I go to school online. Imn getting my Associate's in Human Services. I started when my son was 3 months old. Yes it is really hard at times. I could imagine how you feel being prego. How do I deal with it? Well I just try to take it one step at a time. I have a high strung baby that likes to be held 24/7, and I do not have anyone to babysit. I do schoolwork while he is napping and at night. I just have to push myself. Personally, I would recommend pampering yourself....whatever that may be.....mine is doing my hair and makeup, reading a magazine, taking a bath, a walk. And inprtantly talking about your issues. whether it be a friend, family, or another mother that can relate to you. Everyone handles things differently SO my advice is to find a balance...make adjustment, and hang in there. In order to get the things you love in life, you gotta do things you dislike, first. If you need someone to talk to Im th
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 3:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Right now I'm taking 14 credits and work part time, and have a 3 yr old who is transitioning into preschool, Its really hard, and for the last two weeks since it started I have gotten horrible stress head aches almost every day.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I am in the exact same boat! I am only taking 6 units at a community college but I am always so stressed out!
    mommyofJames08

Answer by mommyofJames08 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• 18 hours? The rule of thumb is you need to allot an average of 3 hours study/homework time for every class hour. I couldn't possibly find 54 hours a week to study.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2009