pumping ~!!

hi everone ok i hve been pumping for almost two weeks now i love it and enjoy it !
the problem is i have some stuff to put on my nippels that stops the pain from pumping but it still hurts what eles can i do to make the pain stop or go away ?
i only have one more month to pump for my lil girl case i am going on morana for brithcontrol two girls is good for me now maybe more later lol
thanks for helping edith~!

amyershoney

Asked by amyershoney at 2:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It helps when you "toughen" the nipples during the entire 9 months! by using a washcloth to "roughen" the sensitive skin! Pain is not a good thing...... call a doula? breast-feeding specialist.
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 3:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Toughening nipples actually is old advice, and not recommended any more.

I recommend Motherlove Nipple Cream, though I am only able to find it online.

Breastfeeding/pumping does not need to stop in order to use Mirena.

Also, if you are interested, there are lots of resources to get baby to nurse directly, instead of having to pump.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Also, a doula is a labor support person. A lactation consultant, IBCLC, or LLL leader is a breast feeding specialist.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Can you decrease the suction on the pump? I'm pumping as I type because we are going on a 'lil trip...lol.
    But unless you are going somewhere, go ahead and nurse directly. And if there is no reason to stop nursing when you go on Mirena, try to go as long as possible, it's so healthy for you and the baby. Read my journal post here- nhttp://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1519972/101_Reasons_to_Breastfeed_your_child
    And this is an awesome group for support and answers.
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/breastfeeding
    PM me also hun, I've done this a few times lol...1st son for 15 months and still going strong with my 11 month old
    sukainah

Answer by sukainah at 8:57 AM on Sep. 22, 2009