How far is too far? (If you want to see your kids)

If you are married to a man who has kids from a previous marriage would he drive to the end of the earth to see his kids?

Even though ours live 2 hours away we usually take a drive out there and pick them up and drive them back (on the weekends) or we'll meet halfway with the ex.

I once knew a guy who had his kid who lived 10 hours away and this is what he would do...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My husband would drive as far as it takes to see his son.
    Maybe that's why we have full custody and BM lives in a different state and never calls.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My son is dating a girl who has a young son. He has told us about his girlfriend having to drive 6 hours one way to meet up with her ex for his visitation. I'm sorry, but that just seems ridiculous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• If I ever had to share custody of my children I would drive to the end of the earth to pick them up for my visitation, and I know my husband would too. I think it shows really strong character to want to see your children that badly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My ex husband is 7 hours away and would never dream of coming this far to see his kids. He could care less...when the kids call he says "what do you want"?
    Yet to the women he dates and his family he lies and says it's me that keeps the kids from calling and it's me that won't let him see the kids. I once drove the kids all the way down to his town and it took his mother to chew his ass and make him come over to her house and see his kids....They live 4 blocks apart and it took him til the next day to see his kids! Didn't even bring his new son over. I left and took the kids to his house so they could see the baby.
    I do know some people will drive to another state and get their kids for the summer and drive them back home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My ex won't drive 45 minutes minutes to see his 13 year old daugher that begs to see him... He hasn't seen her in 7 years. His son is 8 and he hasn't seen him in 2 1/2 years. He lives about 6 hours away. That's why me and him are no longer together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• If we had this situation he'd do what was needed to see them.

I would also hope that he would do that as they are his kids.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I should think any parent who loves their children and wants to spend time with them would make time in their lives and make a way to be sure to have that time with them.
    My first husband wanted nothing to do with his daughter and so I never mentioned him to her until she was almost 18 years old. I didn't give her all the details of our marriage and divorce - he was abusive and did not want her to be born and when we ended up in the battered women's shelter I finally called it quits.
    If it were me, I would have moved heaven and earth to be with my daughter every chance I could. I would call her on the phone, write her letters, and send her cards constantly.
    I guess one parent's love is not always the same as another parent's 'love.'
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:50 AM on Sep. 22, 2009