Its OUR baby, well then you carry the baby half the time......

My in laws the other night told me its OUR baby I kinda freaked out a little and said well then yall can help carry the baby and go throught the morning sickness and the back aches and the weight gain.....then they told me we already did that with our own kids.....This is my second child and i am hormone crazy....but what would u tell someone if they told you that your child is thiers?

franklynnsmom

Asked by franklynnsmom at 3:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would be a lttle worried about them trying to make decisions for the baby after it was born.
    mommyofJames08

Answer by mommyofJames08 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Maybe you should seek counseling. Sounds like it's YOUR problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I would have said it is your grandchild. Not your baby.

Answer by louise2 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• OMG! you are freaking out don't take it literly they mean by blood (somewhat) take a deep breath girl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Sounds to me like they are very excited for another family member, I'd pop a chill.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• " they told me we already did that with our own kids"

EXACTLY! They already did it with their OWN kids! You are doing it now that is what makes it YOURS!!!
    Anonymous

• wel, my parents, inlaws and grandparents refer to dd ad thier baby, and that fine. we ave a very close family. my niece calls and says "where is my baby ellie?" i understand the hormones, but you should really let it go.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 3:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I would ask them if they crawled up on me and got me pregnant. ...If the answer is no then your baby is YOURS and DH's.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• i don't think you're overreacting. Some people say things in a weird way. Maybe they meant it as in "the new baby in our family" or maybe they just ARE crazy and think of it as their baby too. In which case I'd be upset and have to tell them "no, this is MY baby. That I made with my husband. You weren't there and had nothing to do with it!" If they want another one that's THEIRS, they can figure out a way to make that happen between the 2 of them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Both my inlaws and my parents call our child "My baby" and... it honestly doesn't bother me.
    I mean... yes, you did all the hardwork, etc, etc. They know what you went through.. because you wouldn't be there, nor would your hubby. :] (Unless, you or he was adopted, a whole other mess)
    Either way, just.. if it honestly bothers you, just state "God, I'm so hormone crazy right now, and that comment seriously offends me. Stupid hormones. Do you mind calling your grandchild something else for the time being? Maybe when the hormones wear off, I'll be a lot more reasonable~!" Something to that magnitude...
    I know with this pregnancy, my hormones and moods have been off the wall. I refused to stop apologizing - because it felt like that's what I was doing. So I've been avoiding people, or forewarning them... like a disclaimer. "Crazy preggo woman, might rampage..." :]

Good luck to you~!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2009