My "baby" is 2.5 years old and I STILL haven't lost a pound!

I can't figure out how to lose this baby weight! I don't know how people find the time and money to lose weight between being a Mom and Wife, and everything else in between. I had my tonsils out about 2 months ago and eventhough my doctor said "you will lose weight" because you're not eating...I didn't lose a POUND! (P.S. I didn't get my tonsils out as a weight lose measure)...ANYWAY, I just don't know how to do it. I have been fast walking/jogging on my tredmil at least 3 times a week off & on but nothing.

I'm just so frusterated at being (and feeling) fat ... I want more kids but who knows when that's gonna happen ... HELP

EBeauty03

Asked by EBeauty03 at 3:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Write a food diary of what you eat, when you eat it and how (sitting, standing, multi-tasking) and the time you eat, then take a good look at your "diet" (what you eat) and make changes.

Also write an exercise journal, time and what you are doing. Take a look at that, too.

Are you eating junk foods? Cut it out. Soda? Only drink water. YOU know what you are doing to your self!
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 3:20 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Talk to your doctor about it. There could be a medical issue that you don't know about. Things as simple as your thyroid can cause issues. So talk to your doctor!
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 3:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• watch what you eat... you have to burn the calories you eat. DOnt over eat... and work out. take the kid along.. in a stroller.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I would cut out the carbs. Try to eat more protein and green veggies. stay away from pastas and bread. in my health class I learned that to loose weight you need to walk about 10,000 steps a day or at least 2 miles every day! You need to burn 3,500 calories to loose one pound. So reduce the calorie intake and cut out the carbs and sugar and dring water- if your peeing a lot you'll loose more weight.
    make breakfast your biggest meal and eat lightly for dinner
    babycakes111

Answer by babycakes111 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I'm in the same boat :-/.... and to make it worse, I can't exercise.

I'm convinced I'm part walrus or something 'cause it doesn't matter what I eat --- it's not coming off. I did the food diary thing... was eating about 900 cal/day for over 3 wks... didn't lose an ounce. Went to the dr... they said I was fine... everything "normal".... so I have NO clue.

G'luck ... and if you figure out a way, let me know!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I would start with simple changes.
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:06 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My baby is now 10 years old and i've had 2 more after that. the more children i had the more pounds i packed on. It's been 10 years now that the stubborn weight has taken so long to get off of me.

I've exercised, dieted, etc. no results. i finally found something and I am so happy about my inch loss so far.
    BodyWrapMama

Answer by BodyWrapMama at 10:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• here are some ideas
    http://www.postbabybelly.blogspot.com/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• The reason you didn't lose weight at 900 cals a day is because your body thought you were starving!
    Check out sparkpeople.com. They have a food tracker and fitness plans. They give you an accurate break down of protein, cals, fat etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2009