Can I tan while Pregnant?

Tanning beds? They are so relaxing. I do the at home tan sometimes. Anyone else go to the tanning bed? or do the spray tans? I have read where it is not harmful but I have not gone to the beds since I have been preg.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Go ahead and tan if you want a glow in the dark biracial baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I don't think you are supposed to because it can increase your body temperature. I used the Aveeno body lotion that has the color tint in it. It works great and gives me that subtle glow. It is kind of pricey though.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• it has been proven that tanning while pregnant is dangerous. here's a link that may help.

http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancy-articles/10.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I don't think it should matter if it's the "au natural" way. Just basking in the sunlight at the beach, or the backyard. Just make sure you're not feeling overheated.
    However, I wouldn't go in a tanning bed. It just reminds me of an oven for the little one. It'd freak me out a little bit.

I would ask your doctor though!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Ask your gyno.Don't go tanning salon though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2009