kicking...

i have 19 weeks and have been feeling a little pain in my lower stomach... is this movement? or will i know exactly when it is "movement"?

fenska87

Asked by fenska87 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You'll pretty much know. :]
    It's something that you've never experienced.
    My friends and I describe it like... butterflies in your stomach combined with carbonation bubbles. A lot of women relate it to having gas.

It might be movement, but I don't think so. I never really felt any form of pain during my baby's movements.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• you will know the movement. it feels like gas or minnos in ur tummy :) i have had pain in my upper side..... i am guess it is just pinched nerves.. so my doctor says.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• No, it feels like something rolling around in your belly. Its not at all painful. You know when you feel it. It's like a little *pop* *pop* lol
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• The baby moving will never be painful, in the beginning it feels like flutters or almost like small muscle spasms or twitches, then all out kicks....

At this stage in pregnancy you feel something called round ligament pain, it's the stretching of the muscles in that region and it causes some pain or discomfort on and off.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Lol, I have to disagree about the kicks "never" being painful! (I am 37 weeks now, and sometimes, well, I still love it, but my baby would like my hip bones surgically removed by how he treats them, lol) I would think that what you are feeling MAY be round ligament pains, but I think that those can be activated because of baby's movements! If you aren't feeling your little one quite yet, it will be very soon!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 8:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2009