Can a marriage be good without sex?

Because of health reasons my future husband can not have sex with me. I'd like to hear from other people who may be in this situation. He has no interest in being sexual in any way shape or form so physically pleasing me is not an option.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• YES (if you are both 95 years old).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Yes. i'm 22 and DH is deployed. I know that's not the same as NEVER getting sex. But for being as young as i am, i go a long time without getting any and DH and i have a very strong marriage. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• and you want to marry this guy? if you're happy with this life (which I can guarantee u won't) then go for it. i wouldn't recommend it. unless he's ok with u cheating. ur a human being, not meant to go without or ignore sexual impulses. why don't u become a nun instead?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Well I see the stupids are out today. Some people have a disiblitly and can not have sex. Maybe the posters fh was in a car wreck and is paralyzed. Maybe medications he's on makes him uninterested in sex. I am so sick of this rudeness on here when people come for help and advice from other moms. If you don't like it here get OFF and go someplace else. Idiot
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• anon you can't guarantee that she wont be happy. you dont know her. "I wouldn't recommend it" was about the only part in your answer that was any where near relevant.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:40 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Yes it can. I'm 26, my DH is 30. We have sex maybe 8-10 times a year... We don't even share a room... We are just as much in love as we were when we were young and humpin like rabbits - if not more. Sex is a great things in a relationship, but it's not needed!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• looks like anon 2:40 just proved everyone's point! She NEEDS to get laid, or you will turn into a total bitch like her!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Having a deployed dh or having sex a few times a year are not the same thing as NEVER! Hello?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It depends on how you both feel about it. Are you okay with the fact that there will be no sexuality? Are you the type that will cheat? If you desire sex to the point that you think about being w someone else i say no your marriage wont last cause you wont be happy. Some people are okay with no sexuality so they can have a great marriage. I would think about it for a long time before I married. Good luck
    Is he ok with you pleansing yourself??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I was going to ask a similar question. The sex between me & dh is virtually non existant, and not good. I'm wondering if our marriage can last like that? He wants it more often, but I don't enjoy it and want it less often.
    I guess I have a different point of view regarding your question, but I'm wondering why he has no interest in pleasing you? Just because he can't have sex doesn't mean the two of you can't be intimate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2009