Did you know it is IMPOSSIBLE for 2 blue eyed people to have ..............

It is possible for 2 brown eyed people to have a blue eyed baby, However it is IMPOSSIBLE for 2 blue eyed people to have a brown eyed baby..................lol I find myself looking at peoples kids and their parents eyes CONSTANTLY lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I doubt it. One of their parents could have brown eyes and it could be a recessive gene.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 3:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Nope. IF both parents eyes are blue, there would only be lighter eyed children. Blue eyes are dominant!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Both of my SO's parents have blue eyes and his are Brown so are my SIL but her daughter has blue eyes.
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• IT DEPENDS ON THERE X AND Y CHROMOSOMES! LEARNED THAT IN LIKE 6 GRADE !LOL MY DD HAS BLUE EYES BUT ME AND MY BOYFRIEND HAVE BROWN......SHE ALSO HAS BLOND HAIR AND WE BOTH HAVE BROWN.....SHE TAKES AFTER HIS DAD!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• dh's eyes are blue mine are hazel that turns into green n ds is blue
    mrsmac07

Answer by mrsmac07 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• http://www.docshop.com/2008/01/04/what-color-will-my-babys-eyes-be
    airforewifenmom

Answer by airforewifenmom at 3:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Eye color is not an easy single-gene inheritance, many genes are involved in determining eye color. It is possible for two blue eyed people to have a brown eyed baby because of the multiple genes involved. This isn't what is going on but think of it like you have a gene to create a certain color pigment and another to actually apply the pigment and yet another to enhance it etc etc. It is true that the trait for blue eyes is recessive and the trait for brown eyes is dominant but a simple punnett square would not allow you to actually determine your child's eye color because so much more is going on. Traits you can use a punnett square for are single gene traits like being able to curl your tongue, having a widows peak and having a hitchhikers thumb.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 3:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Sorry, but you're incorrect :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I don't think that's true. I think there is more to eye color than just the two sets of genes.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 3:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• According to genetics as scientists know it with regards to eye colors being considered a simple trait, yes it is impossible. However it CAN happen. Scientists are learing that certain traits (such as eye color) are far more complex than originally though. More than one allele can be passed to an offspring resulting in a dominant trait showing through a child of two parents who posess recessive traits.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2009