What would you do/say to a neighbor (she) who reprimands you in front of your 4 year-old, telling you need to stop playing in your backyard because you and LO's play bothers her 2 children (toddler and infant)?

Since it's a windy day, my child and I decided to play bubbles in the backyard. I knew our play was not loud. My neighbor and her 2 kids are also playing in their backyard. After she yelled at me, she threatened to call the management of our housing. And she let me hear her call with them. However, no one from management confronted me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Here's some attention for you.

How you responded to her was more important to your child than your hurt feelings. Your child is learning from YOU. The world is a cruel and harsh place.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• She's a bitch, ignore her, bubbles are harmless
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 3:47 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• If you were in your yard I would tell her to never speak to you again or you will call the police. Management can't do a damn thing for you blowing bubbles in your yard. If you were out there at 3am or something she might have a leg to stand on lol.

Wifey2Watson

Answer by Wifey2Watson at 3:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I would have told her, it is my back yard I can and will do what I want. And go ahead and call the management.

Answer by louise2 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I would not worry about her in the least. You were doing nothing wrong. She is just being a snit and it seems to me like you were having more fun that she was with her kiddos and she couldn't stand it. ;) What are they, the management, gonna do to you anyway, come over to you, find out you were playing and blowing bubbles, oh gosh, not that! I'd tell her to keep her mouth shut and her nose in her own business.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 3:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• some people have nothing better to do than complain- she oviously is pms ing
    babycakes111

Answer by babycakes111 at 3:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I'd laugh and probably so did the management office. You have a right to play in your own yard. As long as it's not before 8 a.m. or after 10 p.m. there is not much anyone can do. You could always tell your dd that "that is how crazy people sound" but that might not be nice. I just thought it would be a funny thing to say.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Bubbles? Ooh, scary bubbles!!! Just in time for Halloween(hehe) At least you are not like my neighbor who lets their weinie dog leave little stinky poops in my back yard. If management didn't contact you, I wouldn't worry. She was probably just having a bad day. Take her and her kids some cool snacks and apologize for the bubble incident . Who knows, she may become one of your best neighbors.
    Mrs.Phillips007

Answer by Mrs.Phillips007 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I would ignore her and continue playing. I would not allow my child to even think that woman can control what we do. If she continued yelling I would probably video her and allow management to see who the real loud annoying person is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• call housing on her! In your yard there is nothing she can do and I would let her know that she is not going to keep you from playing with your kid outside.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2009